"The Affordable, Fun and Effective Way to Learn to Dance"
Are you interested in meeting people, getting connected, and learning how to dance, all in one "step"? Then come join us for our Beginner and Intermediate Ballroom Dance Classes, Latin Social Dance Classes or our Ballroom Dance Practice Parties, Formals, and Fundraisers.
►I'm new: Choose from our list of Community Locations (grid below on right) a location that is convenient for you. Then enroll in the next Ballroom 1 Class series
Our beginner group series class is designed for first time dancers. Worry free- you will be taught everything you need to know to join us on the dance floor. The beginner class curriculum includes: waltz, foxtrot, rumba, and swing. The dance instruction is formatted to progress the students level of dance. Lessons are taught by a nationally certified instructor. Partners are not required as we rotate partners throughout the class. Singles and couples are welcome!
| Community Updates
- Practice Party Saturday Night August 12th at First Baptist Church Jonesboro in Jonesboro. Newcomer Free childcare with advanced reservation. (No reservation for dance party, reservation is for childcare only)
- Advanced Series started Thursday August 3rd at Perimeter Church. Silver Cha Cha, Silver Foxtrot, Advanced Smooth 3 dance and Advanced Rhythm 3 dance. Week 2 last chance to join this series.
- New Series starting Thursday August 18th at Perimeter Church. Ballroom 1 last chance in 2017 at this location, Tell a friend! Also offered: Ballroom 3, Beginner Cha Cha and Wonderful Waltz.
- New Series starting Monday September 11th at Johns Creek United Methodist Church in Johns Creek Ballroom 1 last chance in 2017 at this location, Tell a friend! Choose from: Ballroom 1,2,3, and Beginner Tango.
- New Series starting Monday September 11th in Roswell at St. David's Episcopal Church Choose from: Ballroom 2,3, Beginner Cha Cha and part 2 of Beginner Viennese Waltz with Honey Kyle Larsen.
- Dinner at Taste of Perimeter Sunday August 27th Dinner at 5pm and be inspired by the story of Perimeter Church. Call 678-982-3496 if you can join us! (children welcome with advance reservation)
Newcomer? Never ballroom danced before or need a refresher of the basics? We host a free intro lesson with paid admission at the start of each Saturday night Practice Party. Join us at the next Practice Party. If you want to learn more, enroll in one of our Ballroom 1 series classes.
We have several community locations in the Atlanta Metro Area to choose from - each with group lessons and practice parties:
Duluth/Johns Creek at Perimeter Church Open during construction
Johns Creek at Johns Creek United Methodist Church (JCUMC)
Roswell at St.David's Episcopal Church
First Baptist Church Decatur
Flowery Branch at Blackshear Place Baptist Church On hold during construction. No classes here.
Snellville at Snellville United Methodist Church
Jonesboro at First Baptist Church Jonesboro Free childcare with advanced reservation (this location only)
The Ballroom Dance Community serves to develop friendships and relatedness,
promotes health and fitness, and reaches out to a diverse group of
Atlantans by introducing them to the possibilities of Ballroom Dance
and of being valued as a community member through quality and fun dance
instruction, entertaining social dance events, and community building
service projects. We have the largest Ballroom Dance Program in Atlanta
and are continuing to build new communities throughout the Atlanta